Terms of Business
Signature Hardwood Terms & Conditions
Furniture Delivery Service
- Please note that we do not operate an express delivery service. The delivery timeframes stated are for guidance only and may vary by a week either way. Also, the delivery time frames apply from the time an item has been collected from source by us, not when the delivery booking is made. If you have constraints regarding a particular delivery, please contact our friendly staff who will be pleased to help with a solution.
- In order to maintain competitive rates, we operate a ONE man delivery service. This means that for bulky or heavy furniture, the customer will need to organise some form of assistance at the point of delivery. Due to our insurance terms, the drivers are not allowed to deliver items single-handedly up flights of stairs. However, if assistance is provided by the customer, the drivers will often oblige in helping to move items up flights of stairs, but please note that the items are not insured if damaged. A re-delivery charge will apply if we arrive at a destination with a flight of stairs or awkward access and the recipient either refuses delivery, or has not made arrangements to assist the driver. It is illegal for our drivers to stop on a red-route, so the customer must ensure that the recipient has made alternative arrangements.
- Due to the nature of the insurance policy, we operate a door-to-door delivery service which means that items are delivered to the threshold of a property. The ever friendly drivers will often assist in taking items beyond the threshold, but please note that they are not insured if any damage is caused, and therefore we cannot be held responsible. If customers do not wish the drivers to assist in taking items beyond the threshold, please state this when booking the delivery.
- Please ensure that we have all the correct details when booking your delivery. Changes to our delivery schedule will result in a £15.00 administration fee
- Any and all damages must be notified to us via email within 7 days of the receipt of delivery, in order for us to carry out an investigation with our suppliers and our delivery company. Anything over 7 days will not be covered for damage of any kind
- If you are located within our normal delivery areas, and the item is in stock, we aim to have your items delivered within ten working days. Should your postcode fall outside our normal delivery area (postcodes are given on the website), we will always endeavour to deliver within 10 working days although in some instances this may not always be possible, however we will aim to keep you updated as to the progress of your order.
- Delivery outside the mainland UK will be carried out via an external carrier. All are on a 'price on application' basis, and vary depending on the quantity of furniture sent and the method in which we are able to send it. Our order system does not register international postal codes, so you are responsible for obtaining a shipping quote from us prior to placing the order. On deliveries outside the mainland UK, the sales order confirmation page on the website will NOT display the correct shipping cost, the corrected shipping cost will be added prior to the order being dispatched. If the exact delivery cost is not known to us prior to dispatch, an additional invoice will be raised for the surcharge amount at a later date. All delivery surcharges on deliveries 'within' the mainland UK will be added automatically by our system during the order placement process.
- Due to the risk of money going missing, we do not operate a cash-on-delivery system and the delivery driver will never ask for money from you on delivering your furniture.
- All deliveries are booked in by telephone 2-3 days in advance so that you know when to expect your consignment. Orders will only be scheduled for delivery if a delivery contact telephone number supplied, so please ensure you leave us with the best possible contact number(s).
- Once a delivery has been booked, the Customer must ensure that there is somebody available at the specified address to accept the delivery on the stated delivery date. In order to keep delivery costs low, we only make one attempt at delivery. If nobody is available at the specified address on the stated delivery date to accept the delivery on the first attempt, a second delivery charge will be levied. Please note that Kinetic Logistics’ insurance policy only covers for delivery to your door, and does not extend to moving furniture up steps or inside the property. As a result, although our friendly drivers will be of assistance wherever possible, we cannot be held responsible for any damage caused within a property. Any damage that is caused within a property must be identified to the driver prior to his departure. All deliveries are one-man deliveries, so please be aware that the driver may require assistance if access is difficult.
- Nearly all damage occurs during transit. Kinetic Logistics delivery service will require all items to be signed for as proof of delivery. Please ensure that prior to signing; you check that the packaging is intact. We are unable to accept claims for damages where the item has been signed for as ‘packaging intact’.
- Damages will be replaced free of charge, providing that you inform us via Email within 7 days of the item being delivered.
- All damage claims must be supported by evidence in the form of digital photographs which you should email to us.
- In the highly unlikely event that an item is defective, you must inform us initially via email and then complete our returns form within 180 days.
- Claims for defective items must be supported by evidence in the form of digital photographs which you should email to us
- We will inspect the item to verify that the item is defective as described and if it is, we will initiate a replacement or refund. If the item is deemed not to be defective, a full explanation will be provided by us as to our reasoning behind this. Signature Hardwood has the final say on whether an item is defective or not and we will do all we can to resolve the issue appropriately and swiftly
- Taking into account the varying individual conditions to which the furniture could be subject once delivered, under no circumstances will we replace or refund items once 180 days has elapsed since delivery.
- Signature Hardwood reserves their right to decide whether a damaged or defective item is replaced or refunded. Where the refund option is selected, we can issue a credit note or full cash refund to the card that made the original purchase.
Returns and Refunds
- We accept returns for transit damage, providing that we are informed within 7 days of the delivery via our ‘Signature Hardwood returns form’. Any manufacture or product quality issues can be returned providing we are notified within 180 days via the 'Signature Hardwood returns form’ and that we accept the issue as being a valid quality issue. Any item being returned must be back to us no later than 30 days of the date the 'Returns Authorisation Number' was issued. Any item returned after 30 days will be rejected. Kinetic Logistics accept no responsibility for the return delivery cost for any item being 'returned' from 'outside' the British mainland, if an issue arises, Kinetic Logistics will attempt to resolve the issue with a fair and reasonable financial offer.
- Where an item has been returned using our 7 day return policy, a refund will be issued usually via a credit note, although under certain circumstances, an alternative refund method can be arranged.
- Because we are confident in the quality of our products and the representation of our products in the advertisements, the carriage costs relating to the return will generally be at the Customer’s expense although depending on the issue, we may bear the return carriage costs.
- All return items must resellable in 'as new' condition, therefore they must be in the original wrappings and unused and unassembled (if applicable). Please ensure that the person unwrapping the item is very careful to keep the packaging intact. This is also essential in preventing the item being damaged on its return. Responsibility for items damaged during return because of inadequate wrapping lies with the Customer. We regret that under no circumstances can we accept returns that do not have their original packaging.
- All orders must be cancelled in writing via email. Please send all cancellations to email@example.com. Orders can only be cancelled prior to dispatch. Once the item has left the building the full delivery and return costs will be incurred.
- In the event of order cancellation - If you have not received the goods at the time of cancellation of the contract, and we have not processed the goods for delivery, we will initiate a refund for the goods in question including the delivery and in any event within 30 days of the cancellation being accepted by us. This refund can either be in the form of a credit note or credit the original debit card used for the purchase.
Furniture, Designs and Characteristics
By placing an order with us, you are acknowledging the following:
- That on occasion, we may alter the designs or sizes of pieces slightly. We cannot accept these as faults but you can return the item with all original carriage charges and collections costs being at the buyer’s expense. If the item is for a specific purpose please be sure to email ahead before ordering to check that there are no specific changes that could affect its material usage.
- The majority of our furniture is hand crafted, and as a consequence, all sizes are offered as a guide only and as a result there may be a variation between what you receive and what is displayed on our website. We reserve the right to change specifications without prior notice. If you have any questions or concerns regarding our products please contact us prior to ordering where we will do all we can to address your query.
- It is virtually impossible to accurately portray the actual colour of natural wood products or upholstery fabric in a web picture, due to differing screen resolutions, and natural variations from batch to batch. With regards to our wood furniture, we endeavour to give the best portrayal of colour, but we cannot accept colour or shade differences as evidence of defects. As a general rule, dark items look lighter in reality, and light items look darker in reality. A close match is more likely if two or more items are purchased at the same time because they will come from the same batch. In terms of upholstery fabric, we highly recommend that you contact us to obtain a sample prior to purchasing if an exact colour match is required. If you wish to return an item because of a shade difference or any other reason, we are willing to offer a refund as long as we are informed within 7 days. However, original carriage charges and collection costs will be at the Business Partner’s expense, and the returned item must be re-sellable as 'brand new' as per the terms stated in the section entitled Section 5, 'Returns'.
Complaints and Remarks
- If you have a complaint or a particular remark to make please do not hesitate to contact us immediately by telephone or e-mail, the details of which are contained under the “Contact Us” page.
- Any complaint will be dealt with fairly, effectively and confidentially. We will aim to issue you with a formal written response to your complaint within 10 days. Your statutory rights as a consumer are unaffected.